- Deep tap rooted herb,
- High summer yield and quality,
- Choice is a perennial chicory with good persistence,
- Improved cool-season growth, high growth rates, and excellent insect and disease resistance,
- Choice chicory boosts milk production in dairy cows, by providing large amounts of protein and energy-rich feed from small areas of land,
- It can be used as a pure crop or in mixes with ryegrass etc.
|CROP/SPECIE||CULTIVARS||SEEDING KG/HA||RAINFALL MM/YEAR||SUITED REGIONS||PLANTING MONTHS||SOIL REQUIRED|
||600mm + per year
Irrigation: 25-50mm per week
East Free State
|Cooler regions: Spring (Sept – Oct)
Warmer regoins: Autumn (March – Apr)
Soil temp: 12°C +
|Adapted to a wide range of soil types.
Chicory prefer free drained soils.