- Cocksfood is a very persistent perennial grass.
- It grows relatively slow in the sowing year, but the second and subsequent years it is very vigorous.
- Cocksfoot growth in summertime is important. It is winter hardy and drought tolerant. It is also very suitable for hard rotational grazing by sheep.
- Cocksfoot perform best on soils with medium to high soil fertility.
- Sowing rate: Sow in autumn or early spring at 15-20kg/ha with 2-3kg/ha clover.
- Palatable pasture with good Autumn and Spring production. For quality, graze 20-25cms down to 8-10cm. Makes good hay and forage.
*PBR # EXCL
|750 + per year||Western Cape
Eastern Free State
North West Province
|Adapted to lighter soil types as well as heavier soils with a high moisture content|