Add Value with white sweet clover (Melilotus Alba)!
Why Melilotus Alba?
- It is a highly palatable summer legume that livestock simply cannot resist
- Although an annual crop, it has the ability to resow itself for the next season
- With ample and well-spread rainfall, the crop can be grown almost anywhere
- Well adapted to areas with an annual rainfall of 430mm +
- It’s a very versatile crop and can be used in mixtures with other legumes
- The seed is less dormant and quick to establish
- Can be used to penetrate compacted soil and clay pans, can be used as a ground cover
- Bees are attracted by the crop’s inflorescence, which means the crop can be beneficial to honey production
- High nutritional value – protein content of 15% and digestibility of 60%
- Can be grazed as a green pasture or can be made into hay.
- Handles periodic floods and droughts well.