- These cultivars are referred to as SPRING types in that they need increase in day length and rising temperature to get them to go to seed.
- Normally have straight up growth habit.
- Early plantings are ready for grazing within 50 days. Rotational graze for best results.
- The grain is of great value to ruminants and has a crude protein of 10-13%.
- Rye can be used for grazing, hay, silage as well as a grain feed.
- Height range from 1.7m- 2.3m
- Well adapted to extreme climate conditions
- Open pollinated crop.
|50-80||300 over growing
|Apr-May||Widely adapted to most soil conditions but does well on light sandy conditions|