Please view the fescue pamphlet below:
- Tall Fescue is a deep rooted, robust perennial grass. It is excellent for grazing purposes especially in a mix with ryegrass, chicory and clover.
- It can tolerate water logging, salinity heat and drought good. Do not allow tall fescue to rank as palatability declines markedly. To get best results maintain at a height of 15-20cm.
- Agricol have a wide range of Tall Fescue cultivars from early to late heading dates:
- Verdant. Jenna, Duramax and Fuego
- Sowing rate: Sow in autumn and early spring at 25-32kg/ha with 4-6kg/ha clover and chicory.
- Production periods are autumn and spring. Makes good hay, silage and excellent forage. React better on N-fertiliser during Autumn and early Spring. Do not apply nitrogen in summer, only in autumn and early spring.
|750mm+ per year||Western Cape
Eastern Free State
North West Province
|Adapted to wide range of soil types, especially lands with waterlogged conditions.|