What is the benefits of cover crops?
The benefits of using cover crop mixtures are well-known and include, among others:
- Cover crops increase root mass in different soil layers.
- Cover crops lead to better aeration in the soil, as well as improved microbial distribution.
- Cover crops assist in the rapid build-up of humus or organic carbon levels.
- Cover crops offer better protection against pests and plagues and allow for healthier soil.
- Cover crops promote favourable conditions for beneficial insects such as earthworms.
- Cover crops increase the soil’s water filtration and retention ability.
Benefits of the AGRILIFE Grazer Mixtures
The AgriLife range has been developed as well-balanced cover crop mixtures with the benefit of also serving as excellent grazing for livestock, other benefits are:
- Specialised mixtures that meet the needs of the novice as well as the experienced cover crop farmer.
- Three multi-species cover crop mixtures that have been formulated for soil build-up as well as grazing.
- Combinations of legumes, tubers and other crops offer benefits across the entire spectrum.
- Well formulated mixtures for establishing the ideal 24:1 C/N balance.
- Economic benefits included in using legumes in nitrogen binding.
- Biological inoculants form part of each of the three mixtures stimulating rhizobium binding and root growth.
- High quality affordable grazing.
AGRILIFE Grazer Mixtures
AGRILIFE GRAZER 2: Advanced 6-component winter mixture consisting of different annual winter grains, tuber crops and legumes.
AGRILIFE GRAZER 12: Advanced 8-component summer mixture consisting of different annual summer forage crops and legumes.
AGRILIFE GRAZER 21+: Advanced winter/summer mixture consisting of 21 and more annual components.
To read more about the AGRILIFE Grazer Mixtures please click below: