- Areas with a yearly rainfall of 500mm or more.
- Smutsfinger (Digitaria eriantha)
- Rhodes Grass (Chloris Gayana)
- Small Buffalo Grass (Panicum Coloratum)
Advantages of this mixture:
- The mixture can be grazed from the first season,
- All three components are tasty perennial grasses and possess good digestibility characteristics that can be used as standing hay.
- The species compliment each other. Rhodes- and buffalo grass settles faster and suppresses the emergence of weeds. It provides the smutsfinger-component with a weed-free base to settle over time.
- The mixture is suitable for most soil types.
- The management of the mixture is according to normal smutsfinger management practices.
- The mixture also combines well with legumes, such as sweet-whiteflower clover (Melilotus Alba).
- Rows: 8-10kg/ha
- Broadcasting: 15-18kg/ha
- October – March