- Serradella is a prostrate to semi-erect growing annual legume plant,
- It has a deep, well developed root system which can produce roots up to 1 metre in length,
- Pink Serradella is not hard seeded and can germinate earlier than expected,
- This makes it harder to re-establish itself naturally unless there is some summer rain to enable the plant to develop,
- It is very good as a grazing, hay and silage producing crop,
- Combines well with forage cereals,
- The hard seeded varieties will resow itself the next year.
*PBR # EXCL
10-15 in mixtures
E Free State
|Mar-May||Widely adapted to
most soils but does well on acid, sandy soils. It can also take wet soils.