- Subterranean clovers are well adapted to grazing.
- Set stocking is normally advised.
- As a result of the high protein content of the plant material and the dry pods which are eaten during the summer months, good animal performance is obtained.
- It is an outstanding rotational crop with cereal and the advantages are the fixing of nitrogen, the reduction of diseases and the controlling of weeds.
- DM yields of 8 mt/ha are obtainable with a carrying capacity of 4-5 small stock units during winter to 10 small stock units/ha during spring are possible.
- An average carrying capacity of 3-5 small livestock units/ha throughout the year are possible.
- Due to the hard seed coating the seed is able to establish itself the following year again.
*PBR # EXCL
||4-7 if sown in
|300+||W Cape, S Cape
and E Cape
|Apr-May||Well drained loam to clay soils.Sow Gosse in wet